Classic Conditions Usher In Melges 32 World Championship
22 September 2010
San Francisco, California - If Tuesday's practice race gave any indication as to what is yet to come for the 2010 Melges 32 World Championship, hosted by the St. Francis Yacht Club, then every team will get a full dose of classic San Francisco/Berkeley Circle conditions. It's exactly what they signed-up for. An absolute perfect, 18-24 knots of breeze with slightly higher gusts, sunshine and an ebbing tide took to the course of the official practice race of the event.
Every team has now completed measurement, registration and all the other tasks that go along with getting prepared for a worlds, including trips to the wine country, professional baseball and football games, not to mention a monumental party presented by none other than owner Stuart Simpson and his Team Barbarians crew. The entire fleet gathered at CIRCA on Chestnut for the Barbarians at The Golden Gate featuring Treaty Oak Platinum Rum, rocking and dancing the night away to the tunes of Joe Bachman & the Crew featuring Courtney Jansen (a Key West Sloppy Joe's favorite!). On behalf of the International Melges 32 Class Association, a very special and sincere thanks to Stuart! You are the BEST!
Championship racing begins on Wednesday, September 22 and completes Saturday, September 25. If you are unable to be with the fleet in San Francisco, then tune in with Sail Groove's Chris Love and commentator, St. Francis Yacht Club Junior Director Mike Kalin for all the action. Watch LIVE from the course, presented by Velocitek. Updates will also be made available on the official Melges 32 Facebook and Twitter pages.
Full Entry List
- Phil Lotz/Rick Merriman, Arethusa
- Jason Carroll/John Baxter, ARGO
- Derek Campbell/Dalton Bergan, Banshee
- Martin Knetig/Martin Trcka, Black Mamba
- Pieter Taselaar/Jeremy Wilmot, Bliksem
- Luca Lalli/Lorenzo Bressani, B-lin Sailing
- Michael Dominguez/Anthony Kotoun, Bronco
- Naofumi Kamei/Kan Yamada, Bros.
- Malcolm Gefter/John Mollicone, Celeritas
- Ed Tillinghast/Charles Enright, Dark n’ Stormy
- John Porter/Jonathan McKee, Full Throttle
- Doug Douglass/Russell Coutts, Goombay Smash
- Bob Hughes/Tovar Mirsky, Heartbreaker
- Alex Jackson/Rob Greenhalgh, Leenabarca
- John Taylor/Andrew Campbell, Ninkasi
- Philippe Kahn/Mark Christensen, Pegasus-MotionX
- Jim Swartz/Gavin Brady, Q
- Rod Jabin/Chris Larson, Ramrod
- Joe Woods/Paul Goodison, Red
- Andy Lovell/Johnny Lovell, Rougarou
- Kip Meadows/Andy Horton, roXanne
- John Kilroy/Stu Bannatyne, Samba Pa Ti
- Geoff Pierini/Brad Read, Shakedown
- Takashi Okura/Francesco de Angeles, SLED
- Jeff Ecklund/Nathan Wilmot, STAR
- Stephen Pugh/Mark Ivey, Taboo
- Stuart Simpson/Nigel Young, Team Barbarians
- Jean Francois Cruette/Christian Ponthieu, Teasing Machine
- Stefan Goldwater/Andrew Wills, Tirade
- Don Jesberg/Zarko Draganic, Viva
- Steve Howe/Morgan Larson, Warpath
- Yukihiro Ishida/Hamish Pepper, Yasha Samurai
Visit the official website of the International Melges 32 Class Association. If you are unable to attend the 2010 Melges 32 World Championship, stay in touch by subscribing to the IM32CA RSS Feed or visiting the Official Melges 32 Blog. The Melges 32 can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.