Melges Vision, Mission and Core Values
To be the world leader in performance sailing products and services.
To build strong, profitable relationships with a broad spectrum of consumers and businesses. To promote the sport of sailing as a lifelong, family activity. We will deliver innovative, quality products and services that offer great value and friendly service, and will adhere to our core values of being fair, caring, human, dynamic and driven.
- Ethics of absolute fairness, honesty and integrity guide everything we do.
- Our actions match our words.
- We balance the expectations and earn the trust of our customers, employees, communities and investors.
- We offer our customers products and services that fit their needs and provide great value.
- We ensure that every human interaction is caring, courteous and respectful.
- We expect leaders to make difficult decisions and to carry them out in a way that allows all involved to maintain dignity.
- We value and respect diversity of background, thought and style, and know they are a competitive advantage.
- We speak candidly and listen intently.
- We are positive, energetic and committed to achieving our objectives and living our values.
- We celebrate our successes and learn from our failures.
- We keep our egos in check and maintain a sense of humor.
- We believe in the power of talented, committed individuals—working as a team—to make an extraordinary difference.
- We are never satisfied with the status quo and know that we must continually reinvent our organization and ourselves.
- We break down silos and bureaucracies in order to serve our customers efficiently as one company.
- We continuously drive operational excellence to develope our products, processes and services.
- We set high, measurable goals and hold ourselves accountable to achieve them.
- We recognize that addressing challenges head-on is a requirement for success.
- We benchmark from our customers' viewpoint and deliver what is most important to them.
- We look both within and outside our industry to learn.