The Melges 17.
|Length||16 ft 7.75 in||5.074 m|
|Beam||5 ft 6.375 in||1.686 m|
|Mast Height||26 ft 6.5 in||8.09 m|
|Draft||3 ft 11.5 in||1.207 m|
|Weight||335 lbs||151.953 kg|
|AP Kevlar® Mainsail||154 sq ft||14.30 m2|
|AP Kevlar® Jib||66 sq ft||6.13 m2|
|Dynalite Asymmetrical Spinnaker||280 sq ft||26.01 m2|
- Monroe Melges Leads 2014 Melges 17 National Championship
- 2014 Melges 17 West Michigan Yacht Club Championship Results Are In!
- R.J. & Vincent Porter Crowned 2014 Melges 17 I.L.Y.A. Champions!
Melges17.com RSS Feed
The success of the Melges 17® can be attributed to a truly dedicated following of speed entrepreneurs. An alternative, double-handed scow, the Melges 17 has a reputation for being fast and fun in light or heavy air. The rivalry pairings range from husband and wives to teamed siblings, making the Melges 17 the ultimate family racer!
- Light and easy sailing: hull weighs 335 lbs and the carbon fiber spar is only 16 lbs
- Features an advanced underdeck board system
- Incorporates the most innovative sailing concepts: exclusive Melges Hands Free Kite System™ (HFKS), roller furling Kevlar® jib with recessed roller furler, self-stepping mast design, new foil rudder and shaped boards derived from aluminum extrusions