The Melges 17.
|Length||16 ft 7.75 in||5.074 m|
|Beam||5 ft 6.375 in||1.686 m|
|Mast Height||26 ft 6.5 in||8.09 m|
|Draft||3 ft 11.5 in||1.207 m|
|Weight||335 lbs||151.953 kg|
|AP Kevlar® Mainsail||154 sq ft||14.30 m2|
|AP Kevlar® Jib||66 sq ft||6.13 m2|
|Dynalite Asymmetrical Spinnaker||280 sq ft||26.01 m2|
- Happy Holidays From Melges!
- Calling All Melges 17 Owners — We Want You!
- Last Chance to Save Big — North Sails Zenda Will Help Your Team Be Fast In 2017!
Class Association & Social Media
The success of the Melges 17® can be attributed to a truly dedicated following of speed entrepreneurs. An alternative, double-handed scow, the Melges 17 has a reputation for being fast and fun in light or heavy air. The rivalry pairings range from husband and wives to teamed siblings, making the Melges 17 the ultimate family racer!
- Light and easy sailing: hull weighs 335 lbs and the carbon fiber spar is only 16 lbs
- Features an advanced underdeck board system
- Incorporates the most innovative sailing concepts: exclusive Melges Hands Free Kite System™ (HFKS), roller furling Kevlar® jib with recessed roller furler, self-stepping mast design, new foil rudder and shaped boards derived from aluminum extrusions