The Melges 24.
Majoring in Fun.
|Length||24 ft||7.82 m|
|Beam||8 ft 2 in||2.499 m|
|Draft||5 ft||1.52 m|
|Weight||1,783 lbs||809 kg|
|Main||264 sq ft||21.0 m2|
|Jib||126 sq ft||12.0 m2|
|Spinnaker||670 sq ft||55.9 m2|
|Crew||2-5 (Typical Crew is 4)|
- Audi Tron Taking More Action But The Games Are Not Over Yet
- The Melges 24 World Championship 2015 Is Open For Entries Now!
- Best Breeze Of The Regatta Serves Up Two Races On Final Day Of Bayview One Design Regatta, As Kevin Welch And His “Mikey” Team Of Jeff Madrigalli, Ian Sloan, Joy Sloan, and Bryn Bachman Take The Title.
- International Melges 24 Web Site
- U.S. Melges 24 Web Site
- International Melges 24 Facebook
- U.S. Melges 24 Facebook
- 2012 Melges Fall Savings Promo - 11MB (PDF)
- Melges 24 Product Brochure - 1.08MB - (PDF)
- Melges Performance Racing - 4.6MB - (PDF)
The reputation of the Melges 24® precedes itself. Best known for its very competitive disposition and easy-to-sail personality, this modern sportboat maintains its status as a leader in high-performance, one design yachting. With more than 850 boats sold, it continues a humbling tradition of America's Cup, Olympic Medallists, Volvo Ocean Race recruitment. Looking to improve on tactics and boat handling skills? The Melges 24 builds better sailors.
- Features high-tech components and materials such as a carbon fiber spar, rudder, bowsprit and vertical keel fin
- Fun and easy to sail as well as rig; only requires two sets of hands for a super quick setup
- Can be launched via hoist or ramp; it's a pleasure to tow
- Typically sailed with a crew of four