The Melges 24.
Majoring in Fun.
|Length||24 ft||7.31 m|
|Beam||8 ft 2 in||2.489 m|
|Draft||5 ft||1.52 m|
|Weight||1,783 lbs||809 kg|
|Main||264 sq ft||21.0 m2|
|Jib||126 sq ft||12.0 m2|
|Spinnaker||670 sq ft||55.9 m2|
|Crew||2-5 (Typical Crew is 4)|
- 2017 Melges Fall Savings — Order Now & Maximize Your Savings! September 1 Thru October 15.
- 2016 Melges 24 European Sailing Series, Italian Championship — Altea wins in Riva Confirming Itself as Melges 24 Italian Champion
- Garda's 'normality' does not scare Racchelli's Melges 24 Altea 2016 European Sailing Series
Class Association & Social Media
- International Melges 24 Web Site
- U.S. Melges 24 Web Site
- International Melges 24 Facebook
- U.S. Melges 24 Facebook
The reputation of the Melges 24® precedes itself. Best known for its very competitive disposition and easy-to-sail personality, this modern sportboat maintains its status as a leader in high-performance, one design yachting. With more than 850 boats sold, it continues a humbling tradition of America's Cup, Olympic Medallists, Volvo Ocean Race recruitment. Looking to improve on tactics and boat handling skills? The Melges 24 builds better sailors.
- Features high-tech components and materials such as a carbon fiber spar, rudder, bowsprit and vertical keel fin
- Fun and easy to sail as well as rig; only requires two sets of hands for a super quick setup
- Can be launched via hoist or ramp; it's a pleasure to tow
- Typically sailed with a crew of four