The Melges 24.
Majoring in Fun.
|Length||24 ft||7.82 m|
|Beam||8 ft 2 in||2.499 m|
|Draft||5 ft||1.52 m|
|Weight||1,783 lbs||809 kg|
|Main||264 sq ft||21.0 m2|
|Jib||126 sq ft||12.0 m2|
|Spinnaker||670 sq ft||55.9 m2|
|Crew||2-5 (Typical Crew is 4)|
- 2014 Melges 24 National Championship Reaches 25 Early Entries, 2015 Nationals Venue Announced
- Audi Tron Taking More Action But The Games Are Not Over Yet
- The Melges 24 World Championship 2015 Is Open For Entries Now!
- International Melges 24 Web Site
- U.S. Melges 24 Web Site
- International Melges 24 Facebook
- U.S. Melges 24 Facebook
- 2012 Melges Fall Savings Promo - 11MB (PDF)
- Melges 24 Product Brochure - 1.08MB - (PDF)
- Melges Performance Racing - 4.6MB - (PDF)
The reputation of the Melges 24® precedes itself. Best known for its very competitive disposition and easy-to-sail personality, this modern sportboat maintains its status as a leader in high-performance, one design yachting. With more than 850 boats sold, it continues a humbling tradition of America's Cup, Olympic Medallists, Volvo Ocean Race recruitment. Looking to improve on tactics and boat handling skills? The Melges 24 builds better sailors.
- Features high-tech components and materials such as a carbon fiber spar, rudder, bowsprit and vertical keel fin
- Fun and easy to sail as well as rig; only requires two sets of hands for a super quick setup
- Can be launched via hoist or ramp; it's a pleasure to tow
- Typically sailed with a crew of four